Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Year in Jacksonville....Happy Anniversary to US!

August 6 was our one year Anniversary since we moved to our home in Jacksonville. We went out to eat to celebrate the night before Steve had to go to Washington DC for business trip. It's been a great year! When I returned from my mission trip to Venezuela in July, I was a little bummed because I had such a wonderful living with and working beside a team of 18 people for 18 days! When I returned, I was a bit lonely since everyone I knew was out and about busy as usual.

But the good news is I have found a women's Bible study that is still meeting every other Tuesday night that I used to meet with last fall. They are doing a Beth Moore study together now. I was with another church ladies group doing the exact same Beth Moore study in the spring but missed the second half because of my travels in June and July. So, this other group is exactly at week 7 where I left off and they are letting me join with them to finish the study together! Yeah! This is meeting such a big need in my life!

Another blessing is a Thursday group of ladies that meet at Panera at 11am. I met with them when I could throughout the year. They have continued to meet over the summer and it's been such a treat to reconnect with them. We have all grown and changed over the year and its such an encouragement to share our highs and lows with each other!

I also found out about a local BSF group starting in September on Wednesday mornings. I plan to join with them to study Isaiah for nine months. Steve is going to take the same BSF class with men on Monday nights. WE will get to study the Word of God and share with each other our thoughts and process things with each other! Yeah!

So, that's the latest with us. We are still renting out our home in Deltona and renting the same place in Mandarin. It's all we can do for now. I wish we could bring our Deltona home up here. We miss it so darn much, but not Deltona!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for 1+ year in J-ville! I enjoy reading your blog (update, please!!) and hope you guys are doing well. I miss Florida and wish to hug my friends one day again. It looks like it may be a long time (Spring/Summer 2011, maybe) before we get back to FL. Until then, love you, miss you!! Blessings to you and God's ministry to the students in Mandarin!