Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday Ministry Update

It's been a busy week already and it's only Wednesday. I'm waiting for Michelle Beckman to come over after her meeting with Ken. We all had lunch together at some Italian restuarant today with a SV boardmember named Mike. Great time of sharing!

We have an outreach to the JV Football Team from Bartrum Trails HS later today. We will pick the boys up after practice, yes, all sweaty and smelly from practice (good thing I was a football trainer my senior year of HS so I'm used to the odor). We will go to a students home where pizza, games, and a student testimony will lead into Justin sharing the Gospel to the whole team. I live for this kind of stuff! We typically see 10% of the kids accept Christ who have not heard a clear presentation of the Gospel before. Then we offer a follow up Bible study led by Ken and older students for the whole team to attend every week so they can grow in their faith and understanding of what Christ did for them on the cross.

Please pray for these young men. This is the foundation of our ministry. By reaching the young football players early in thier HS education, we have 4 years to help mold and shape them into the godly men God created them to be. Even though I am not the one discipling them personally, I still have a role in influencing their lives for Christ. The interaction we share at the conferences we go to, the weekly SV meetings, and the pizza pub we go to after is all part of building relationship and showing them what being a Christ follower is all about.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for these young students. If God had not called me to serve here in Jacksonville, I would not be apart of where He is at work in their lives. I trust that God has something big planned for reaching these campuses for His Glory!

No comments: